Willand Emergency Warming Center
Willand Emergency Warming Shelter
SOS is proud to announce we will be operating
the Willand Drive Emergency Warming Center,
30 Willand Dr., Somersworth, NH
The Emergency Warming Center is now open and will be activated when weather conditions warrant it through April 1, 2023
Volunteers, staff and support needed!
If you would like to sign up for automated text notifications for activations and important updates for partner agencies, volunteers, participants and staff please text “Willand to 855-970-3280 or opt in by entering info below.
Looking to Volunteer?.
- Please fill out the form by clicking the button for the “Volunteer Application” (Please note, this is only for
volunteers, not paid staff positions, on the job training or internships.
- You can also print off a pdf or paper version by stopping into any of our SOS Recovery Centers at 14 Signal St. in Rochester, 4 Broadway in Dover, NH or One Lafayette Rd. Bldg One, in Hampton, NH.
- Once we receive the application it starts the process and once we receive proof of COVID-19 Vaccination you can sign up for volunteer shifts and volunteer while we process the mandatory background check and list of proof of other vaccinations.
- We will email prospective volunteers to let you know we’ve received the app and a form to complete a background check will be emailed to you.
- Several orientation trainings for volunteers will be ongoing and we will provide further guidance.
Interested in seeing the medical and vaccine requirements for all volunteers please use the link to the right:
The Willand Road Emergency Warming Center is open for emergency weather activations through March 31, 2023
The Willand Warming Center @ 30 Willand Drive in Somersworth, NH will activate to provide a warm overnight space for people experiencing housing instability on Sunday Jan 15th and Monday January 16th from 5pm until 9am
Reservations/pre-registrations aren’t required. Access is walk-in only.
Bus passes are available at SOS at 4 Broadway in Dover, or 14 Signal St. in Rochester for transporation to the Warming Center.
COAST bus does not operate on Saturdays after 3pm or Sundays. SOS will provide shuttle service via a van from Dover SOS & the Dover Transportation service at 5pm, and 6pm to the warming center. We will also provide shuttle service from the bus stop at the Rochester Public Library to the warming center at 5:30 and 6:30pm
Questions can be directed to the Willand facility at 603.742.2709 or via direct message to the facility Facebook page, Warming Center of Strafford County.
To get text notifications for Warming Center Activations, please text ‘Willand’ to 855-970-3280.
Anyone experiencing housing insecurity at any time can call 211 for support.
Are you available to help support willand Dr Warming center with dinner or breakfast preparation or delivery?
We are looking for meals to be donated. If you can provide 40 cooked or prepared meals please sign up below. We need both breakfast and dinner when activated. If you can bring them to the center breakfast should be delivered between 6:30 and 7am. Dinner should be delivered between 5:30 and 6pm to 30 Willand Dr. We ask that all donations are arranged by signing up at the signup.com link below. We will only need them delivered if we are activated and will always notify those signed up 24 hours in advance.
Volunteer Training & Orientation events:
We have now completed 4 volunteer training and orientation events along with a Motivational Interviewing training. We will be scheduling additional volunteer trainings. If you wish to volunteer and haven’t attended a training please email us with your name and contact info at firstname.lastname@example.org